Yoga has been in high demand for the past few years, and with good reason. Yoga has been known to ease anxiety and depression symptoms, loosen up the muscles, and give the body more energy. In Florida, the benefits of yoga are especially noticed. On days when it is very hot and humid, and the hustle and bustle of life has gotten you down, yoga can be a respite from day-to-day life. And what better way to do yoga in Florida than on the warm, sandy beach? Hudson Beach Yoga offers that respite you’ve been looking for.
Our founder, Danielle Sertzel, asked herself the same question ten years ago when she started her yogic journey. Danielle used to work in an office. She would go home exhausted and sore everyday, and all without doing any form of exercise. That was when she realized she needed a change. She studied in California under a yogi master and obtained her licensure in yoga. Eventually, she returned to Hudson Beach because she realized that Floridians needed a way to enjoy the beauty around them and let go of their burdens.
Yoga, while also being a fun way to keep the body active, is the obvious choice to do this. Not only is it low-impact enough that any age group, body type or level can do it, it is also a way to work up to more strenuous exercises if so chosen. Ideally, yoga started from a young age will keep you fit and limber late into your life. Additionally, yoga also offers other benefits.
What Hudson Beach Yoga Offers
Yoga has been proven to help with many things. Choosing a yoga class that will help you reach your own personal goals is one of our goals. Below is a list of classes we offer, and what they strive to help you with.
- Sunrise Clarity Yoga: This class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7am and helps you rise with the sun. While we do some muscle-strengthening moves, this yoga is more for waking up your mind and body and helping you to focus. All levels welcome.
- Sunset Calming Yoga: This class meets from 6-7pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and offers breathing and stretching poses that are designed to help you make it through a stressful work week. All levels are welcome.
- Acro-Yoga: Meets from 1-2pm each day of the week, and you are allowed to pay for which classes you can attend. This yoga is meant to strengthen your muscles and get you ready for the beach. This class is not for beginners.
- Intermediate Core Strength: Meets from 2-3 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This class is to help you strengthen your core and improve your overall posture and flexibility. Beginners are welcome, but this class is designed for people who have been doing yoga for a while.
- Beginning Yoga: Meets from 2-3pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Learn everything you need to about yoga, and start to feel fit! All levels welcome.
All classes meet at beach by the parking lot, though the instructor reserves the right to move down the beach if wanted. Please make sure to bring a mat your first time!
If you have any questions, or if you would like to attend a class, please contact Hudson Beach Yoga for more information or to register. We look forward to helping you transform your mind, body and spirit!